Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




The Hype Bowl: USC vs. Texas


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The hype machine known as the press has been buzzing about the Rose Bowl Wednesday evening.

USC vs. Texas is the matchup everyone had their fingers crossed for.

#1 vs #2.

34 game win streak against a 19 game win streak.

Not to mention Matt Leinart vs. Vince Young.

And 48 hours from kickoff and I'm sick of the hype.

Maybe its because I'm in Los Angeles. But even as a huge USC fan, I'm sick of hearing about the Trojans on TV.

ESPN is to blame for all of this. As much as I love my former employer (guys, I graduate in 1.5 years, remember that) they can hype up a story like no other. I should just be at least happy that they aren't talking about the Red Sox and the Yankees because Spring Training will be here before you know it.

As for the game itself, I try to stick to my rule and not discuss sports on my blog beacuse

a.) I know girls read the blog
b.) I don't want to come off as the sports geek (see reason a)

But the Trojans should win the 3rd straight national championship come Wednesday night. Say goodbye to Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Steve Smith and Darnell Bing - they will all be gone after Wednesday.

Say hello to John David Booty come Fall 2006. I want Busy to stay his senior year just because I think the frat students over at USC could come up with a wity "Booty/Bush" t-shirt of some sort.



I found this gem when I went through my pictures from the party. For the record, the dog had no alcohol. The dog needed no alcohol. This has to be the saddest dog I have ever seen in my life.

On our way to the party, we were warned about Shaggy's dog. It was described as the "dog that pees and shits everywhere" The terms "has it been put to sleep" was even tossed around in the car.

We get to the party and out of the bedroom comes this white dog. At first, everything looks normal about him. I go over to pet him, he jumps back. OK, so maybe the dog is a little shy I think.

A minute later I look over at the dog and its walking in a circle. Now I'm thinking the dog is cool, its doing tricks. Except the dogs keeps walking in circles. Now I'm thinking the dog is truly fucked up.

Shaggy, what is up with your dog?

"It's blind."

Not only is it blind, its 13 years old which is 68 years old in doggie years. And it can't control its bladder. After a while, the apartment reeked of piss.

Shags, put the dog to sleep.

Please.

For the dog's sake.


0 Responses to “The Hype Bowl: USC vs. Texas”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly