Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




Goapele is FINE!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oh what a long ass day.

I managed to get all three interviews done.

First up was Ludacris over the phone as he was enjoying his day off in Atlanta. There are two different interview pieces that we do - an Off Topic which is more light questions and then 11 questions which is the more serious stuff.

Ludacris was an Off Topic and it went well. I'm not going to post what I asked him because that would take away the purpose of doing the interview. You have to read the story to find out...which won't be for two weeks.

But on to the highlight of my week, Goapele.

Stunning.

Just stunning.

I walk in a dark room in the Sony offices and she is sitting on a couch in the middle of a phone interview. I grab a seat on another couch while her PR rep lets me know that I'm third in line and that I can just chill on the couch until it's my turn.

That was fine by me.

I caught myself just gazing over to her while she was on the phone and thinking to myself "If I were only like 4 years older..." Finally she gets done with the interview and in my head I'm thinking "Do I say hello" or see if she makes the first move. A voice yells out "Hey, how are you doing" and I respond back thinking that's cool, she's at least friendly.

Two more phone interviews later and it's finally my turn. I normally don't get nervous when interviwing folks. I have done so many that it doesn't really phase me but I had a high pitch in my voice as I started talking to her. When she found out I was from Cali, then she really opened up as we had something in common.

We talked for about 20 minutes and then afterwards I asked her a couple questions off the record because I was really just trying to stall and not leave. She told me she was hosting a party on New Year's Eve in LA and that I should check it out. I nodded and said I'm there as I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door on cloud nine.

I get back to the office and even my co-worker said it looked like I was glowing.

My day wasn't even done - I still had to interview Common later that afternoon.

Common gets on the phone and it sounded like he had food in his mouth.

Me: "Ooh, Common, where you eating at" (Because I knew he was in LA)
Him: "I don't even know, some new Italian spot on La Brea"
Me in my head: I was really about to blow his spot up and let all the Cali people know that Common was eating at such and such restaturant.

Common was 11 questions so it was more focused on his Grammy nominations, his fling with Ms. Badu, his thoughts on the status of hip-hop, etc...

In between asking him questions, I tried putting my homegirl's name out there because she can sing her ass off but Common was having none of that.

All and all, not a bad day. Don't know many 22-year-olds who can say they interviewed three major artists in one day.

But back to reality...

I have one final left tomorrow morning that I know I am going to bomb and then I have to pack my things and get ready to get the hell on up out of here.

I'm calling someone out here....

The poster that goes by the name T, do I know you or did you come across my blog somehow? Just curious...and I'll post that interview when it goes up tomorrow.


1 Responses to “Goapele is FINE!”

  1. Blogger T 

    LoL, I am the same random reader from before.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly