Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




From 24 and cold to 80 and sunny


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



INGLEWOOD, CA - You know you are back in Los Angeles when...

You're walking through the airport and less than a minute after landing, you spot for your first celebrity. In this case, it was Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave.

When you get into an argument with a Mexican. Maybe it was my fault - maybe it was the New Yorker coming out in me but I didn't like dude's attiude.

When the top story on the 2PM news is about the large waves at the beach. Did I mention it was 80 degrees today?

I made it out of New York in one piece. Going on no sleep, I left Hofstra at 4AM for a 7AM flight. I finally checked in at JFK at 5:30 and crossed my fingers that I could get on the first flight of the morning because I was flying standby.

Thanks to the large number of folks who decided to fly out on the 7AM flight instead of the 9AM flight, I didn't get on. And this is how I know I was tired...I didn't even put up an argument. I sat back down, plugged in my iPod and slept off and on for 2 hours.

I got on the 9AM flight and flew First Class. And of course I wanted to sleep because I had been up all night but when they bring you your own personal DVD player and DVD's, you feel like you gotta watch a movie.

I finaly fell asleep somewhere in between my first of two meals and in the middle of Crash. And of course in first class, you keep your eyes open for famous people. We only had one - Jared Padalecki who was on Gilmore Girls (I hated Dean) House of Wax and that WB show Supernatural.

Went straight from the airport to In and Out - I wasn't even hungry honestly but I had to have a double-double.

And the jetlag is kicking in...


0 Responses to “From 24 and cold to 80 and sunny”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly