Things were going great.
No snow.
Mild weather.
Hell, it was even 60 degrees four times in January.
Until this weekend.
Finally, mother nature appears to be catching up to us as Long Island is under a Blizzard Warning.
Blizzard Warning?
Ah, hell no.
The snow is not even due until tomorrow afternoon so I am hoping the weatherman is wrong and that we will just get a dusting instead of 12 inches.
The worst part, besides being forced to do homework on Sunday, is that the parking lot to our dorm is going to be closed tomorrow at 3PM.
And if you don't move your car, the school will move it for you...via a tow truck.
It looks like I will be walking through the snow on Sunday to go to the Vagina Monologues...
This makes this LA trip that much better because I will be escaping the snow for 80 degree weather.
Two weeks into the semester, 12 more to go.
I was doing great about going to class because I have felt great health wise but I missed my afternoon classes today.
I had that nice nap...the one where you feel like you could sleep forever and nothing can disturb you. Not even your alarm that you set on your phone to wake you up so you could get your black ass to class.
As for my classes themselves, they are interesting to say the least.
Philosophy is probably the one class that leaves me scratching my head the most. I think you have to smoke weed to understand philosophy which would explain why I don't get it, yet, most of my classmates do.
Spanish 2 is a doozy but I think I will be fine once I get into the swing of things. I took Spanish 1 almost 2 years ago now so I forgot everything.
The class is small though so there are number of times where I get picked on to answer a question and I'm like shit...why me.
And for the weird story of the week...
Former ABC announcer Al Michaels left the network this week for NBC.
If only it were that easy.
Michaels, under contract still, was traded to NBC.
For the rights to a cartoon character.
Not even a good cartoon charater like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse.
The rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
"Oswald is definitely worth more than a fourth-round draft choice," Michaels said, referring to what the
Kansas City Chiefs gave the
New York Jets as compensation for releasing coach Herm Edwards from his contract. "I'm going to be a trivia answer someday."
I wonder what I could get if I were traded from let's say AOL to ESPN....
Probably a Black and Mild and a bottle of Sunkist Orange soda.
0 Responses to “Here comes the white stuff”
Leave a Reply