Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




Desiree spits hot fire...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Five classes in one day actually wasn't that bad...

I had two breaks of over 90 minutes which helped but I think I can manage this for the rest of the semester.

After class I went to a spoken word event on campus. I initally ended up going first to support Desiree who is one of the sickest poets I have ever heard.

But as I was sitting there listening to Desiree massage my brain with her words, I was suddenly filled with the urge to start writing poetry myself.

Don't ask where it came from. Maybe Desiree was that good that she somehow convinced me to start writing myself.

But all I know is this weekend I am going to buy a journal, a pen, and get to working on my inner thoughts.

Poetry is one of those things that I always thought was difficult but never really put any effort in it.

But writing is in my soul, it's who I am and I'm excited to see what I come up with on my first go around.

And I already have a nickname...

Nice Flow.


4 Responses to “Desiree spits hot fire...”

  1. Blogger T Dot 

    Who christened you this said "nickname"?

  2. Blogger Darren Sands 

    Desiree is tight. Cats had this running joke that her poetry is all about rape and misogyny, but then she'll come out of left field with some other stuff..She's a big supporter, she's actually like kin of a big deal in the whole tri-state area slam poetry scene.

  3. Blogger Darren Sands 

    By the way, way to slip in that Dylan reference. I didn't catch that at first.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Nice Flow ... I'll take the blame for that. Marcus, betta live up to the expectations bruh.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly