Can't get enough of that Cali-for-ni-a
Published Wednesday, February 01, 2006 by Vandy | E-mail this post 
And just like that, I am headed back home to Los Angeles.
I bought my ticket today to fly back on Feb 15th and coming back on the redeye on the night of the 21st.
And before you assume I'm missing class just to go home and kick it, I have a couple days off school for Presidents Day.
While I know I was just home a month ago, it doesn't feel that way. Maybe because the month of January seemed so long to me from all the work I did.
To my LA people, give me a call...I know I flaked on a couple of you last time I was in town.
I am enjoying my new single bedroom. I have been lucky enough to have two cool roomates since coming to Hofstra but nothing beats a single.
The room is still a little bare because there is nothing on the wall but it is twice as big as my old room and half the people.
As for school itself, school is school. I am enjoying the discussions though in my Philosophy and Caribbean Lit classes. I didn't know how diverse the Caribbean actually is.
Besides from taking the class because I need to take it, I wanted to learn more about the culture since I live out here in NY. Whole different envrionment in terms of black people compared to Los Angeles.
They already got me listening to Soca and eating rice and peas, I'm turning into a hybrid New Yorker slowly but surely.
Budibye Pernimi...
0 Responses to “Can't get enough of that Cali-for-ni-a”
Leave a Reply