I thought with school ending I would have more time to write on this thing but it has been the total opposite.
I have actually had less time than before and I feel like I have neglected my blog.
I'm still waiting for a good subway story to blog about - you know it's only a matter of time before I get on the subway car with the guitar player who has no arms and only a right foot or the guy who decides to pleasure himself in front of others.
But so far, nada. Nothing. Zilch.
I promise you one soon, but until then...
... with Memorial Day yesterday, it's not just the unoffical start to summer but also grilling season.
With that said, I think I'm ready to take my food skills to the outside.
It's been a year now since I really started cooking on a full time basis and thanks to my great teachers in Rachael Ray and G. Garvin, I think I have jumped leaps and bonds and made great progress.
Hell, I even have a signature dish.
But who doesn't enjoy BBQ - because of where I was living last summer in Denver, I didn't have the room to BBQ.
But now I have access to a backyard and a grill so who knows how often I will be grilling.
Actually the one thing that deterred me from cooking on the grill was just lighting the fire. But I didn't realize they made Light and Burn bags...
I tackled hot dogs and hambergers yesterday while I had to deal with the Boomers that were passing through.
Next up - boneless chicken breasts.
By August, I want to tackle ribs.
Cooking has slowly become threapy to me. It used to be music but somewhere along the way, I seemed to outgrow that. Now oddly enough spending time in the kitchen seems to be doing the trick...
Ironic for the person who can't eat half of the stuff out there and chooses not to eat the other half that's left ... but hey...whatever works...
don't know if you are gonna be there, but I am coming to NYC for my bday...
if you got access to a digi camera, take flicks of your food, i wanna see what it looks like.