Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




You know it's summer when...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Summer is right around the corner.

Last night, we got our first good Thunderstorm in New York. Usually, this would go unotice by anyone else.

But oh how I feared the thunderstorm as a kid.

Boomers, as I used to call them, scared the holy crap out of me.

My excuse is coming from Los Angeles, we hardly got rain let alone boomers.

And as a kid, I would spend my summers out in New York and feared the days when the grey clouds would roll in during those warm, muggy afternoons.

I would post the pictures of me as a kid, hiding under the dinner table in tears. But I'm sure you have a visual already.

This problem of mine went on for many years - I can't tell you exactly what age I finally outgrew it but I am sure it was well into my elementary school years.

Even last night, I found myself jumping up a couple of times while I was watching TV in the attic.

I had to remind myself that I'm a grown ass man - no need for the flinching.

Guess some things you never grow out of...


1 Responses to “You know it's summer when...”

  1. Blogger T Dot 

    I used to be afraid, too. But you learn to deal with scary noises when you're left alone in a house while your single mom goes to work every night. I used to gain comfort from something someone told me once: Thunder is just the angels going bowling; lightning is God taking a picture. I'd just recite those two phrases to myself whenever I heard the crackle and boom of a thunderstorm.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly