Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




Bad TV Rules


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I got suckered into watching the David Blaine special the other night.

Not because anyone forced me.

I'm just a fan of bad TV.

Bad TV and the idea of a death of TV.

The whole idea was for Blaine to hold his breath in a giant snow globe filled with water for nine minutes while trying to free himself from chains.

Which geinus at ABC decided that "Hey, this is a great idea for May sweeps."

The ratings sucked - 9.9 million folks yet they were #1 for kids between 2-11.

If you have a kid between 2 and 11, do you really want to let them watch a shrivled grown man holding his breath under water until he turns blue?

If I were 2 and saw that, I'm going straight to the bathtub and trying the same thing.

Hell, I probably did at one point. It would explain my fear of water for the longest time.

As you already know, Blaine was almost two minutes short of the record. At around 6:30, I'm watching and just having a bad feeling about this whole stunt.

I was just waiting for Blaine to turn blue and ABC cutting away to "My Wife And Kids" while they have to drag David out of the snow globe.

But the entire two hours I wasted watching was worth it when they cut to Blaine's brother in the audience, a kid Rhee and I know as Bukalo.

A guy who I didn't meet prior to him coming to my 21st birthday dinner where brought me a bottle of Jose Cuervo - so he's OK in my book.

But they cut to Bukalo, and I had heard that they were brothers but I thought maybe they were just joking.

If I didn't know him, I would have assumed Blaine was black...tell he doesn't have the black.....



2 Responses to “Bad TV Rules”

  1. Blogger Veronica Miller Jamison 

    David Blaine's not black...? I could've sworn...

    Anyway, I'd like to know who greenlighted that little piece of televised stupidity. It was like watching a chicken massacre... and yet, I couldn't look away....

  2. Blogger Jameil 

    i was w/the b.f. and he tried to make me watch that trash. yeah... i'll pass. he gave up on trying to watch when he saw it was 2 hours. y'all knew they weren't going to let anyone drown on national LIVE television. that's how i knew not to watch. it was live. come on.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly