Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




Let's go Memphis, Texas....


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My bracket game is crazy tight, yo.

It's hard to practice self control when you're with your girlfriend and you are trying to check basketball scores as well.

I struggle with it.

I don't want to come off as rude. Or that I'm not interested in her BBQ spare ribs she was eating.

But Villanova was losing.

And they needed my good ju-ju.

Minus that whole George Mason-Wichita State fluke, I went 7 for 7 in my Sweet 16/Elite 8 games.

I am now 6th in the Sports Illustrated pool - still 1st by a good margin in the AOL pool.

But it looks like I can't win the SI pool.

The guy who's in 1st place and I have the same exact Final Four (Memphis, Texas, UCONN, Nova).

So I would have to settle for 2nd which would be still $350 bucks roughly.

Cha-ching.

I went to Foxwoods last night because I just couldn't wait the two weeks before I go to Vegas.

But I figured it's my birthday weekend, I'm going to do what I want for once.

So usually when I go to Vegas, I shy away from the 25 cent machines. Don't let it fool you. It might say 25 cents but by the time you play 5 lines, it starts to add up.

And after little luck on the nickel machines, I headed over to the Monopoly machines.



The Monopoly machines in Vegas was the site of that great photo Frank took which could easily be the photo for a movie on young black gambling. That was the night where we went a good two hours on $20 bucks.

So fast forward back to last night.

I put in $20 and figure this will last me all of five minutes.

First spin, bonus round.

Jackpot.

At this point, Talia walks away so I'm left to make crucial decisions on my own like as to what button to push.

I made the right ones.

When it's all said and done, I had 320 quarters and as any person who spent too much time in Vegas as a youth, I knew that was $80.

So after one spin, I cashed out, and called it a night.

This just means I will have no luck in Las Vegas.


2 Responses to “Let's go Memphis, Texas....”

  1. Blogger Darren Sands 

    http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

    Whaddya know? Their offices are in Los Angeles.

  2. Blogger Jameil 

    lolol that was hilarious. i don't ever want you to know what 320 quarters is! lolol! clearly the duke game was about to come on and i was ready to choke the waitress for takin her sweet time. umm... come on! what dinner takes an hour?!! hurry up and come give us the check!! geez!! don't you know its tournament time?!! and my dad looked at me like i was crazy when i asked if the place had tvs. is that so wrong?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly