Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




Nice Car? Who, me?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bill Lester finished 38th today in the Golden Corral 500. I saw a good chunk of it in between classes today.

He was driving not to crash instead of driving to win. I guess it's a step, even if its a small one.

His next NASCAR race won't come until June. He should take some tips from his wife on how to drive to win - black women drive like a bat out of hell.

So after all that fuss about my computer science midterm and I managed to get a B. Instead of being pissed about the fact that I could have got a better grade if I didn't have to retake the test, I'll just take the B and be happy with it.

When I wasn't studying this weekend, I went outside to make a trip to the store.

As I'm driving along the Hempstead Turnpike, reach a red light and a car pulls up and honks at me.

I figured the guy probably needs directions so I roll down my window.

Him: You drove this car all the way from California?
Me: (Dumbfounded) Um, yes.
Him: Really?
Me: Yes. I go to Hofstra University (for some reason I felt the urge to point behind me as to point out the direction of my school. Just in case the guy was a murder, he could now know where to find me)
Him: Wow. How many miles are on it?
Me: 173,000
Him: Wow. What a great car.
Me: Wanna trade? (He was driving a Nissan, much newer than a 88)
Him: Laughs

Way to go, Betsey. Pimp those middle age white guys.

The Birthday Countdown: 7 days.

Still no plans for next Monday. And since I have 4 classes and a meeting, it will probably remain that way unless I go off the deep end and just ditch everything and do me.


1 Responses to “Nice Car? Who, me?”

  1. Blogger Elle B. 

    hey! I resemble that remark about Black Women driving like a bat outta hella...haha! ;)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly