Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




The weekend is over...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Another week over, another week closer to summer.

I still haven't managed to get back in the flow of things in terms of shaking this jetlag. I feel like everything is moving in slow motion still and I'm constantly tired.

Maybe because I was up until 5:30 Friday night.

I ventured out of my room Friday night to attend an event on campus. It was a tribute to Carnival (really, just an excuse to party) which included a dinner followed by an after party. I learned my lesson last semester that black events at Hofstra don't EVER start on time. So I was really pissed when I thought the event started at 9:00 when in fact it was suppose to start at 9:30.

And by 9:30, I mean 10:30, when the event actually started. If you are ever at a event at Hofstra run by "us," give yourself an extra hour in getting ready. You won't miss a thing, trust me.

I told myself I wasn't going to stay for the after party because with everything that had gone on this week, I was hardly in the mood to party. It just didn't seem right. But I got sucked in to the party for about an hour before finally sneaking out around 2:30.

It wouldn't be a Hofstra USA party without the following:

1. Dancehall Music. Lots of it.
2. 45 Public Safety Officers
3. A fight

All three of which happened the short time I was there. When you play "Knuck If You Buck," you are asking for trouble.

I'm walking from my car thinking I can't wait to get in my bed and go to sleep. As I walk into the quad, I hear a bunch of noise and I'm telling myself "Please don't be my room."

I run into two of my roomate's friends who were coming downstairs and they informed me that there was a party going on and some girl was throwing up in my bathroom.

Luckily, I didn't have to use the bathroom so I walked in my apartment, went into my room, and closed the door behind me.

She must have been in there a good hour or so - first time she had anything to drink in 3 years. I feel sorry for her - I wouldn't want to be locked in my bathroom on my knees for an hour. It's not exactly the cleanest by any means.

The rest of my weekend, except for a 2 hour break to go to the Hofstra basketball game (22-5 baby!) was spent working on a Philosophy paper.

It was easily the most painful 5 page paper I have wrote in sometime. I read and reread the instructions and just wasn't getting it.

And I learned its hard to BS a Philosophy paper - you actually have to write information that makes sense. Even though Philosophy is BS and doesn't make a lick of sense to me personally...

My weekend ended on a sour note though and I blame Hofstra and DirectTV. Allday I was thinking about how I wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight. I even bought the DVD this weekend because I'm offically hooked.

So at 8PM, I flip through the channels and I notice ABC is blacked out. I figure hmm, that's weird but I still have 2 more hours.

10PM arrives and I turn to ABC and...still blacked out.

10:01PM and I'm getting IM's from people I haven't talked to at Hofstra in weeks talking about is ABC working for you.

If Grey's Anatomy takes a dip in the ratings this week- you now know why.


3 Responses to “The weekend is over...”

  1. Blogger T Dot 

    Wow, 5:30 a.m. - you're a soldier, Marcus. Party or not, I woulda been knocked out. You should start getting more sleep in your life. I highly recommend it. Starting this weekend...GO!

  2. Blogger Elle B. 

    grey's was good...sorry you missed it.

  3. Blogger T 

    dang I so love some Grey's Anatomy too! Sometimes they repeat it on Thursday, so look out for that..

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly