Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




A new home for 06...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



First, welcome to the new home.

Blog Drive lost their damn mad and started putting Google Ads in my blog depending on what topic I wrote about it. So my post about the deep fried cajun turkey resulted in a Google ad titled "Cajun Fried Turkeys Turduchens Hams Fried turkeys for the holidays"

Needless to say, it was time to leave.

And of course someone took Black Thought so I had to add the 2 in front of it.

Second, this has been an interesting weekend to say the least.

Friday I went to Hofstra's gospel concert. Yes, I know, me at a gospel show, what is the world coming to. But I went to support my friend who was performing in it. I went to the show with an open mind and wasn't going to pre-judge whatever went down that evening. It started off a bit more like church than an actual concert but the longer it went on, the longer I was actually starting to enjoy it.

And towards the end, I was actually clapping my hands and stomping my feet. And wiping my eyes.

I guess you can say I got a little caught up in what was going on - at this point a lot of folks were in tears. Somewhere Ms. Superstar is probably proud. At this rate, maybe I'll be back in a church sometime next year.

Saturday I spent the day with my little brother, Alex. Met him last Saturday and after his mom gave me the run down, we decided to hang out this weekend. Eight year olds will get you tired - that's for sure. We spent the afternoon at the Sony Technology Museum down on 56th and Madison. Hands on place which he really seemed to enjoy. Plus, he learned a thing or two along the way.

Afterwards, what does any kid enjoy more than a Happy Meal from McDonalds. As we were sitting there eating, he goes "This has been the best day ever." *Cue the "Awwww"* That really means a lot to me. Glad to know he had a good time.

The best part though is he's a good kid. He's sorta the speak when spoken to type like me and he does listen. I was worried I was going to get some kid who ran buckwild through the streets of New York and I had to try to control him.

One week to go before I head back home. I have two finals on Thursday, one on Monday, and then it's peace out, cub scout to NY for two weeks.

Just as the MTA gets ready to go on strike Friday...you want to talk about havoc. Try having no subway service in NY and see what happens then. 7 million people ride that thing everyday. 3.5 million people of those 7 million people will wake up Friday and go "Fuck it" and call out of work.


No surprise that Reggie Bush won the Heisman Trophy last night. I'm one of the few people who thinks he will end up returning to USC next year. Before you laugh, he's in the same exact position as Leinart (Won the Heisman, graduated early, chance to win another title.) Plus, the past 3 years, it's been Matt's team. Even as good as Bush is, Matt has been the poster boy of USC. With Leintart graduating, Bush could try to carry his team to a 4th straight championship.

Fight On...



3 Responses to “A new home for 06...”

  1. Blogger Michael 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  2. Blogger Elle B. 

    thank you for joining us on Blogger...
    add word verification so you don't get spam comments.

    *Inserting* Awww...for being a cool Big Brother.

    Ciao.

  3. Blogger Michael 

    'Bout time you move.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly