So a couple months ago I blogged about my friend
Brian who plays minor league baseball.
At the time I had July 30th circled on my calendar because his team would be in Delaware for the weekend.
But a week before, he was promoted to the AA team and his Akron team would be heading to Trenton, NJ for the weekend.
The night prior, a mutual female friend of ours went to go see him and he was "nervous" and snapped his 18-game hit streak with a nice 0-4 performance.
When I told him I was going earlier in the week, I askde for at least a stolen base and a home run.
I really would have been happy with a stolen base honestly.
By the time I got the game, I missed his first at-bat, a single, and was cursing myself for getting lost in case he wasn't going to get another hit the rest of the game.
In between innings, he spotted me in the crowd and proceed to look foolish at the plat

e and whiffed.
"Great, here we go" I was thinking in my head. "Maybe he doesn't perform well when his friends are in the crowd."
His next at bat, before I even had a chance to get my camera, he took a first pitch fastball to dead center and off the 405 wall for a solo home run.
I stood there stunned for a second - not that I ever doubted him but I was thinking to myself, this fool really just hit a home run.
His last time up in the game, he doubled off the wall and ended up stealing third base.
My only wish is that the other Taylor Michaels scholars could have been at the game to see one of our own do his thing.
On the season, he's hitting .330, 18HR's, 67RBI's with 34SB's.
Not too shaby for a former college walk on...
0 Responses to “Mr. Clutch”
Leave a Reply