Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




The Return


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Guess who's biz-ack?

So it's been a full week since I posted anything of halfway substance but I have been on blog withdrawl after my trip to Essence last weekend.

I have a laundry list of things I wanted to blog about but just haven't actually sat down and taken the time to construct anything of substance.

In the meantime, I am looking for a new job. Let's just say I will be leaving AOL after the end of the summer and keep it like that. In the long run, it's probably for the best as I close another chapter of my young career. I told myself this would be my last internship and I am trying to sitck to that....

As for Essence and Houston, I personally had a blast the short time I was there. I wish the trip was longer because I didn't get to do half the things I wanted to but I could see myself spending more time in Houston in the future.

Essence itself was a great experience. While everyone said it wasn't the same as being in New Orleans, it was still a fun three days and I am planning on attending next year when they return to the Bayou.

Next stop on my summer travel plans is Los Angeles next Sunday for my yearly leadership conference. I have been looking forward to this trip all summer not so much for the conference but I do miss being at home a little...it's not so fun when school was in and nobody was around but now that it's summer, there are people to visit and In-N-Out to eat.

I'm back to growing my hair out again. I grew it out all Spring semester for the most part and at times it got out of hand but it seemed to get good reactions. My Nana enjoyed it, and really, you can't go against the Nana, so I kept it until the last day of school.

Now I'm back at it again. I figure I gotta go with the hair as long as I have these whack medications in my system which is giving me all this "good" hair. Plus, it makes me look older too which is always a plus in this industry.

I heard a few cracks about my youthfulness at Essence including my favorite:

I was in a VIP Lounge and there was a young lady passing out cigars to everyone. So when she comes over to me, she was like are you even old enough to smoke and made me show some ID. I know I don't look my age but not even 18...

Rant over.


0 Responses to “The Return”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly