Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




There is no me in quitter


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The definition of quitter according to Webster's is:

One who gives up easily.

It's a word, when said, stings more than any curse words to some folks.

So when I heard someone call me this today, I was upset.

Hell, I was furious.

Still am.

Call me an asshole.

Call me bourgeoisie.

Call me cold-blooded.

Don't call me a quitter because I'm far from it.

A quitter, when found out they had a chronic illness with no cure, would have just said "Woe is Me" and gave up.

A quitter would have not returned to school after having to take year off because of illness.

A quitter wouldn't have left his mother in tears as he drove 1,100 miles to Denver for an internship he already made a committment to.

I wouldn't be where I am at if I was a so called quitter...

Chew on that...


0 Responses to “There is no me in quitter”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly