I grew up thinking women were trustworthy.
They had to be a lot more trustworthy then us guys.
But I'm starting to have my doubts now.
First it was the stripper (yeah, i said it, stripper) in Durham messing with the Duke lacrosse team.
Common sense would tell you not to strip for a group of drunk white boys in North Carolina.
But the power of the almighty dollar will have you do some crazy things...
And now, back home in Los Angeles, the heir apparent to Matt Leinart, Marc Sanchez was arrested for an alleged sexual assault.
Note to former future USC football players - don't live at Cardinal Gardens. You are just asking for trouble.
I think I jinxed this kid from the start.
Several months ago I IM'ed a fellow Trojan fan and called him Dirty Sanchez.
He seems to be living up to his nickname.
But anyways, never met the kid, saw him play in high school though at Mission Viejo and the little I saw of him on TV, he really doesn't seem like the type to be involved in something like this.
But then again, look at Kobe Bryant...
Back to my point though, I think males are getting a bad rap here. Any woman can scream rape and have a guy hauled off to jail, and in case of these athletes, ruin their future careers.
Assuming Sanchez is not guilty of this alleged assault, his name is going to be always linked to this incident.
And if he did commit a crime, then he deserves whatever is handed down to him by the courts.
But how about increasing the heat on these women who make these claims towards males for it only to not be true.
As for the Duke case, everyday seems to bring a new nugget of information in that case.
Today's goldmine is that she accused three males of a rape 10 years ago...only for the charges to be dropped.
The day before it was the Duke players used a broom during the alleged rape.
That would explain the lack of DNA from the scene.
But I still can't buy her story - too many holes from the gun and as much as we want to believe whitey raped this poor black girl, I really don't think these kids did it.
You won't find me wearing no Duke LAX shirt though...
Free Dirty Sanchez!
I understand your point, but when does simple questioning of an accuser cross the line to putting the victim on trial? If more stringent perameters were put in place, a lot of rapes - most of which go unreported anyway - would remain anonymous. And then no one would lose. And I don't think that if he is innocent this incident will be linked to him forever. Only if it is relevant, I think, will it be brought back up if he is found innocent.
i disagree.
two words.
kobe bryant.
But every story doesn't say, "Kobe Bryant dropped 134 points in last night's game against the Suns. Bryant, 32, was accused of raping a girl in Colorado in 2005. Those charges were subsequently dropped. This is Bryant's 167 game witht he league."
Get the hell outta here.
All I know is that as soon as I heard it was him, I said...uh-oh, here come the Dirty Sanchez references.
Aaaaand..
I think "Dirty Sanchez" is a poor wording choice, given the political climate out there these days, M.
dirty sanchez has nothing to do with race. i hope i dont need to spell out what it is...
they put all of the football players in Cardinal Gardens...when Hershel Dennis was accused of the sexual assault stuff his ass was still in CG banging these chicks that lived across from me in CG. Then the stairwell over, two other players were accused of sexual assault - but the chicks stayed flocked around their apartments...it's interesting which story to believe, because a lot of women put themselves in the situations and then there are those who walk the line....and don't like how the game ends.
also, Lendale and Vince Young? Reggie, a saint? WTH?!? My poor school is going through it - imagine if we had won the championship.
Marcus, I agree with Talia 100%. The fact of the matter is the number of rapes that are reported are significantly less than those that go unreported. If you come at a victim/accuser with more red tape to prove from jump that you are doubting her or him (guys get raped also...not just in prison), really do you think other victims will want to come forward?? Come on, you know the answer to that question.
As far as your dear Trojan, could it be a set-up? Possibly. Or could it be another NCAA hot-shot athlete who thinks he can get away with murder? Possibly. I'm sorry, but even at the Academy we had hot-shot football players who were too busy smelling themselves because of this or because of that. They thought they could get away with everything because they were athletes....there were plenty of times when they did. Before you start bemoaning the plight of men, more needs to come out about this incident. Men and women, as individuals can be trifiling, both genders can breed opportunists. Period. As Elle B. said, women will put themselves in these situations regardless of the situation....but the men don't have to have to take them up on their offers. (I could go on for days about the things the girls would do for niggas on the Football team just because they went to a bowl game, not even a good bowl game, it was like some .com bowl...hell the Academy was featured on Oprah, 20/20, Nightline, etc. for this same thing)
About the dirty sanchez, it does have something to do with race...why do you think it's called a dirty Sanchez instead of a dirty Lebowitz, or a dirty Jenkins or a dirty Nguyen??...maybe it would be wise to be careful with the reference that's all (and you know I love a good dirty reference), but especially with the meaning of the reference in this climate...I don't know...or maybe you just don't care, lol
...And finally, about that draft. I am sick to my stomach....sick to my mf'en stomach over it......