INGLEWOOD - How did you spend your Saturday?
Can it top a 13 hour trip in trying to get home?
I think not.
Since airfare was just off the charts for this weekend, I was flying standby on a United pass.
Get to JFK at 6AM and prepare myself mentally for a long day.
The first flight was at 7AM and judging by the last time I flew stand by, I didn't get my hopes up that I would get on.
After I didnt, I figured no sweat, there is a flight at 8:45 - I can go get something to eat and come back.
Boarding starts for the 8:45 flight and now I had my hopes up. I figured I was a lock for this flight.
"Flight 23 is now full."
Crap.
Now I had been bumped from two flights and I was running out of steam, fast.
I had to wake up at 4AM to get to JFK and I had three hours of sleep. If I didn't get on the next flight, I was about to go lay up somewhere in the terminal and pass out.
But as they say, third time is a charm and I got on the 11:20 flight to LA.
Business Class at that.
So I figured the drama of this day was over.
About an hour into the flight as I'm getting served wine and lobster, over the PA system, the pilot goes is there a doctor on board.
Everyone starts looking down the aisle to see who the sick one is and nobody saw anyone.
Couple hours later I wake up from a nap and I look out the window and I was like this looks familar.
Nothing but wheat fields all around and I knew we were in Denver about to land.
I guess the woman couldn't make the rest of the flight because as soon as we touched down, the EMTs came on the plane and got her. At this point, she was laying in the back of the plane on the ground. I thought she was dead.
We spent over an hour in Denver just sitting on the plane while the doctors got this woman off.
I thought it would be funny to call my Denver friends and go "I came to Denver, don't say I didn't call you." This skit wasn't as funny as nobody picked up their phone.
Finally at 6:45 eastern, I landed in Los Angeles, a tired and beaten man.
Off to Las Vegas for 2 days of gambling and buffets...
If the Wynn Hotel is as good as advertised, I am sure I will have an entry just on the hotel room.
0 Responses to “Lady, don't die on the plane”
Leave a Reply