Black Thought II

The trials and tribulations of a 23-year-old college student who in his head thinks he's already a star in the journalism world. Ok, ok, maybe not a star...




Alive and well


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For four long hours yesterday, I thought I was going to die.

I thought I wouldn't see graudation.

I thought I would never share that first dance with my wife.

I thought I would never see my son hit that little league home run.

All because of my friend Robert.

All New Yorkers drive like there is no tomorrow. From the cab drivers right on down to the college students who try to duplicate them.

I'm finally on Spring Break and I asked him for a ride to my grandparents since he lives in the area.

He said there was only one thing I had to know before I accepted.

I figured it couldn't be that bad - maybe his backseat was dirty or he couldn't leave until later that night.

"I have to drop Aaron off at Newark."

Uh oh.

I did quite my share of time in the car with Robert last semester and learned my lesson quick.

Drive myself.

And I had managed to stay out of his car all semester for the most part until yesterday.

My theory was since Aaron, another Inglewood boy I might add, was in the car, maybe he would ease up on the Crazy Taxi driving technique and drive slow (you never know)

Boy, was I wrong.

Somewhere on the Southern State Parkway as Robert is ripping and running through traffic, Aaron looked back at me in the backseat.

No words were exchanged.

None needed to be said.

We both knew we were going to die.

Quietly, I said a short prayer to myself and tried to keep my mind focused on other things instead of his driving.

But here is where I went from being scared to just being mad.

Robert has this bad habit of turning around to talk to you when he's driving.

It's cute and shit when you are on the street and at a red light but when you are going 80 on a 3 lane highway, with the red lights in front of you, it's just like what the fuck.

Focus!

Finally I learned my lesson and just stoped talking to him because every word I would say, he would have to turn around and look at me.

I had never been so happy in my life to see traffic because I knew we would finally have to go at a slow pace.

Nearly three hours later, we make it to Newark - at this point Aaron had missed his flight.

And quiet honestly, he didn't care - he was just happy to be out of hell.


2 Responses to “Alive and well”

  1. Blogger Jameil 

    YIKES! but first lolololol! and hahahahaha! i was sincerely worried for you at first. yeah, i have only one friend like that and i have no desire to ever, and i do mean EVER be in the car w/her again. TURNING AROUND??? no, this girl likes to speed to get to a yellow light, curse out all drivers in the area and then has the nerve to get mad if in an accident??? no thanks. i like my life and limbs.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Eh hemm. I am a very good driver!!! lol

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 



Web Black Thought II

About me

  • I'm Vandy
  • From Harlem, New York, United States
  • That dude.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



Black Thought II is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly