Home sweet home.
Back at Hofstra and the dorm is actually in decent shape. Still has a weird smell which I'm going to knock out in the next three weeks and the bathroom is filthy, but besides that, its decent. We lost another suitemate so now there is an open room with my name on it. I'm just waiting for school to start before I make the move to make sure the school doesn't put anyone in there. In the meantime though my roomate is gone so I have a room to myself.
This is going to be a long week - I can already feel it. Between the lack of sleep the past two days along with the time difference and having to work 40 hours a week, I can't wait till Friday to get here. 3 day weekend! (Big up, MLK)
Yesterday I went to Disneyland with two of my friends from the Magic Johnson Foundation. Even at 22, I still can't get enough of that place for some odd reason.
As a child though, I was...how would you say...a bitch. I was scared of my own shadow. I was also scared of most rides - even at Disneyland. It took many years to tackle this fear but the one ride that spooked me the most was probably Space Mountain.
It had the combination of two things I hated - fast things and the dark. It was 90 seconds of torture every time I got on the ride. And by got on the ride, I mean forced on by my parents.
I was reminded by all of this when we got on our first ride of the day - Indiana Jones. In line, we came across these two kids who had to be 10 and 5 in age. Who knows where there parents were but it was just them and we noticed the 5 year old was a little scared of what he was about to be facing. He was bouncing off the walls in line asking his cousin about the ride. Finally, he asks someone who was exiting the ride how it was and the jackass goes "It was terrifying, your going to be so scared."
Of course this spooks the kid even more so we told them that they could sit in front of us. Get on the ride and the kid is holding his own for the first 15 seconds and then he just starts balling. Covered his ears, closed his eyes and was just crying the whole ride. Indiana Jones is hardly considered scary but I felt his pain. I was once in his shoes.
The ride is over, he wipes the tears away, and then he starts talking about how he could take Splash Mountain because there were no "monsters"
As for Space Mountain which Disneyland closed, its 10 times faster than I remember it as a kid. It was the ride with the longest wait - about an hour and well worth it. Every car that was coming back to the station, folks were clapping. That's how good it was.
And of course I can't go anywhere without running into someone I know. This time I ran into someone I wanted to see - a fellow Hofstra student. Hofstra black students probably run about 4 deep in Los Angeles and I ran into one of them which was funny.
Off to sleep...back to being important tomorrow...
negro, tell me you did not post on my comments to promote your blog. you lost your damn mind.