Oooh I think they like me, Oooh I think they like me.
Dem Franchize Boyz stopped by the office yesterday for an interview. I had my red plastic cup all ready because I thought they would be bringing some brown juice but instead they left the alcohol at home and just reeked of the green stuff.
The interview overall went well. It was one of the better ones I have done so far. But this is where the story gets funny.
After I'm done, I forgot one question that I needed to ask for a co-worker so I run downstairs and catch them as they are loading in their van.
Once I heard the question, What's your favorite and worst V-Day gift, I knew whatever answer they give us, we wouldn't be able to use it in a story.
I hop in the van, turn my recorder on and ask the question. After a brief pause, a huge smile is on two of the members faces.
"Oh no, here we go."
"The best gift a female could give me for V-Day is some head."
I knew where this one was going.
"With some whipped cream, and a cherry."
They went on and on with some southern slang for head which I had never heard before. They finish answering the question, I turn off the recorder and as I'm in the middle of saying "Thanks"
"Wait, wait, wait, turn that recorder back on. It's your turn to answer the question for us."
Great. Either I give them a PC bitch ass answer like a foot massage or I roll with my gut and give them the answer that was in my head as well.
"Well, it's hard to disagree with head..." I stumbled.
"You are an offically a Franchize Boyz playa."
Hey, whatever it takes to please the artist, no? Well, let me not say that because I draw the line somewhere...
This week has been filled with interviews it seems like. Just this week alone I have talked to Warren G, Dem Franchize Boyz, Darius Rucker, and then on Friday I have Slum Village and Nancy Wilson (yes, of the jazz fame).
I am starting to find my niche when it comes to them. As for the rest of work, its been stressful but I tend to stay away from blogging about the j-o-b. Let's just say I'm looking forward to sleeping this weekend.
On Monday the Belizean and I went out after work to a movie screening and dinner. Everything went smooth...no complaints. I still can't put my finger on where we stand with everything but that question will be brought up at the proper time.
Also means I have to worry about V-Day this year. Just 32 shopping days to go, playas. Last year took creativity because I decided to spend the little money I had on dinner. This year, I have a little bit of cash to play with but don't want to go overboard and have her think I'm some weirdo.
Any suggestions?
0 Responses to “Feeling better than some head on a Sunday afternoon”
Leave a Reply